Friday, December 28, 2007

Book a Month Challenge

Starting in January 2008, I am going to participate in the Book a Month Challenge. At the beginning of every month, a theme will be posted. Participants are asked to read a book based on the theme, and then post a review on their own website/blog or in the comments of the Book a Month (BAM) Challenge blog. I love that this is a very flexible set-up-- you don't have to read one particular "assigned" book, and you have all month to read and post. It's going to be exciting to see the spectrum of books chosen for each theme, and I suspect that the story behind why someone chose a particular book is going to be as intriguing as the actual book review. I can see my "to-be-read" list growing by leaps and bounds, because I love book suggestions that come from other readers.

Please participate in the BAM Challenge with me! Every month I will post the theme and my book review. You are all invited to post your book reviews here at Booked Up in the comments section of my post. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Mat T. Wilson said...

I already picked out my book - nonfiction entitled Time Traveler about the first African American to earn his PhD in theoretical physics AND his (famous) theory of time travel.

I'll start once I've completed reading Parts per Million, about the oil industry in Beverly Hills and the massive quantities of carcinogens it spewed into the air. A lot of political strife chronicled in the real life adventure. Recommended (so far)!

After Time Traveler, I'm hoping to dive into Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash, a cyberpunk "infocalypse" fiction peice featuring the main character, Hiro Protagonist!